Why is it essential to provide accurate dimensions and weight for the consignment?
The tariffs for your shipments: envelope, parcel or package is calculated on the basis of the weights and dimensions you have given. If weights and dimensions differ from their actual values, and especially if they are undervalued, there could be damaging consequences :
- The carrier may refuse the package at the pick-up point or at the depot.
- The price of the service may be adjusted and extra payment required from the recipient at the delivery point before the package is handed over.
- What is more, in cases of loss, theft or damage, any insurance taken up with the carrier will be void if the weight or dimensions of the package have been under-estimated (insurance, how is your parcel insured?)
- A package which has been undervalued in weight or dimensions may also be blocked at the depot until the client collects it. This collection will be charged for and the transport service charge will remain due.
- In the best case, the delivery will take longer.