How do I know if my package is lost?
If you have sent a package and are wondering if it has been lost, there are several ways to find out.
First, you can check your package tracking online. Most delivery companies offer online package tracking, so you can see where your package is at any time. If your package has not been delivered to the intended destination address, it may be lost.
You can also contact the delivery company to ask them about the status of your package. They will be able to tell you whether or not your package was lost, and if so, they can help you find it.
It is also important to verify that you have provided the correct information when sending your package. If you gave an incorrect address or forgot to put a phone number for delivery, your package may be lost.
In summary, to find out if your package is lost, you can check online tracking, contact the shipping company, verify that you provided the correct information when sending the package, and contact the local authorities if you are concerned.
Why does a package get lost?
There are many reasons why a package may be lost in transit. Here are some examples:
- Human error: sometimes the shipping company's employees make a handling or tracking error, which can result in the loss of the package.
- Logistics problems: the supply chain can be complex, and there can be delays or communication problems between the different actors that can result in the loss of the package.
- Weather: Inclement weather or extreme climatic conditions can cause packages to be damaged or lost in transit.
- Theft: It sometimes happens that packages are stolen during transport.
- Address error: If the recipient's address is incorrect or incomplete, the courier was most likely unable to deliver the package and it may be lost in transit.
It is important to note that most shipping companies do their best to prevent packages from being lost, but unfortunately, this can happen due to a variety of factors. If you have any concerns about the delivery of your package, it is recommended that you contact the shipping company for more information.
How to find a lost package?
If you have sent a package and you think it has been lost, don't worry: there are ways to find it. First, you can check the online tracking of your package. Most shipping companies offer online package tracking, so you can see where your package is at any time. If your package has not been delivered to the intended destination address, it may be lost.
You can also contact the delivery company to ask them about the status of your package. They will be able to tell you if your package was lost or not, and if it is lost, they can help you find it.
It is also important to verify that you have provided the correct information when sending your package. If you gave an incorrect address or forgot to put a phone number for delivery, it is possible that your package is lost. In this case, you will need to contact the delivery company to provide them with the correct information so that they can locate your package.
Who to contact in case of lost packages?
If you have made a shipment through our services we advise you to contact us as soon as the tracking does not show any update for more than 48h. Even if the package is blocked in an agency, it is supposed to be scanned every day, if there is no scan for more than 48 hours it may be a loss of tracking.
Customers have 60 days from the time the package is picked up by the carrier to file a claim if the package is no longer located.
In order to contact our support team in case of loss of your shipment you will need to fill out a contact form with some information about your shipment.
First, you will need to log into your Upela account and then go to our contact form, select "A shipment" and then "Loss":
- Select the shipment concerned
- Fill in the shipment information as :
- the number of packages involved,
- a detailed description of the shipment,
- specify if your shipment was insured with our Upela ad valorem insurance and the amount
- the total amount of the goods entrusted (excluding transport costs)
- Your contact details
- A precise description of your problem
- Attach the necessary documents to open a claim file with the carrier
- Dated and quantified letter of claim
- Invoice for goods (Invoices must be for items shipped)
- Your IBAN if you are the Upela account holder
Afterwards, if your file is complete, it will be transmitted to the carrier concerned, as soon as our support team confirms that all the documents have been received. In case of compensation, it will be established according to the general sales conditions of the carrier and its liability ceiling.
The procedures in case of a lost parcel can take a long time, from 14 days to 2 months, or even much longer. In order to shorten the processing time, we advise you to make a declaration as soon as possible.